Ella's First Day Out

We've been at home with Ella for a week now, and are just about getting used to the irregularity of having a newborn baby. Some days are great, others are more of a challenge - mainly based on the amount of sleep we both get. I am going to have to get better at napping and resisting the urge to get something done while Ella is sleeping in the day. (For example, maybe writing this blog post can wait? I will make it a quick one...)
 
On Tuesday we ventured out with her for the first time. Andy has been "wearing" Ella with a Hug-a-Bub wrap, which she loves. She just settles in next to dad and has a big sleep! 


We haven't tried taking her out in her pram yet, but it is all set up and ready to go!

We had a walk down to the Collingwood Library as I had a few books that needed to be returned. The library is right by a nice park that is also the location of the Maternal and Child Health Care Centre, less than a 10 minute walk from our house - very convenient!


We then took her to one of our favourite cafes, Kitchen. We just got coffees to go, as I'm not yet confident enough to sit down in a restaurant with her! We then walked along the Yarra River to the Collingwood Children's Farm and through Abbotsford Convent. I am so happy this is literally right on our doorstep! We were out for over an hour, and Ella was snuggled happily with dad the whole time. I have yet to wear the Hug-a-Bub, as the midwife has said it is best if Andy carries her around while he is home so that my stomach muscles have a chance to recover. 

Ella's first cafe, Kitchen. 
Walking along the Yarra River

Cows at Collingwood Children's Farm
That night I had a Book Club meeting - a few months ago I set up a book club with some friends, and I was determined to try and make it. We arranged for it to be at The Yarra Hotel as it is near our house. While we had dinner and chatted about the latest book (Chasing the Scream by Johann Hari - very good, highly recommend) Adam and Luke went to our house to cook Andy dinner and help with Ella. I managed a good hour or so out of the house before I was called back to a hungry baby. It was nice to get out and I was really appreciative of the girls accommodating me, but I did feel like a little piece of me was missing!

Book Club!

Three Men and a Baby
We've been on one more walk since then, to the post office to collect some parcels, so that was a bit boring! The weather in Melbourne is expected to be freezing over the weekend so we are going to have to make sure we rug up if we go outside on another walk. 
I did not move to Australia for this weather!!! 
Gratuitous cute baby photo!

Comments

Popular Posts