Hoi An Day 2

Day 2 in Hoi An started with another delicious breakfast and then Andy and I went to a yoga class. Hoi An Yoga is run by an English expat called Stepanie, who offers morning and evening yoga sessions everyday (except Sunday). Our class was held outdoors at a restaurant called The Field, on a covered pavilion overlooking the river. Absolutely stunning! We did a Hatha yoga session followed by a chia and ginger drink, and left feeling refreshed and ready for another day! We walked the 2km back to our hotel and by this time it was very hot and humid, so we immediately changed into our swimsuits for a dip in the pool. 

Hoi An Yoga 
The others went back to An Bang beach, however we'd had enough beach time over the past few days so we decided to use the hotel bikes to go into town. I love riding a bike! I really miss it now that I'm pregnant and don't feel completely safe riding to work anymore (to big of a risk of being doored on Church/Chapel street!). However Hoi An felt very safe and although a hot and sweaty experience it was nice to be on a bike again. 


We had lunch at Lanterns restaurant, some fresh and fried Vietnamese rolls and a mango and prawn salad that were all very good. In the menu they stated that they only used filtered water to wash food, make ice, etc. which was good. At Lanterns we learned that Hoi An floods every year in Nov/Dec. There were pictures from the restaurant along with lines showing the water levels in recent years. This place was particularly affected as it was right on the river. 


After lunch we walked around looking in some shops (there are a lot of those... Hoi An is a shopper's paradise). We came across Yaly Couture, which I had read was a very reputable tailors. Andy got a suit made and I chose a dress that I hoped I could wear to work through the rest of my pregnancy. We were measured up and then arranged to come back the next day for a fitting. We decided then to head back to the hotel pool to cool off for the rest of the afternoon. 

Our hotel stay came with a free massage each so we arranged to have these before dinner. As I can't lay on my stomach I had a leg, foot and scalp massage that was pretty good. I went into the massage with a headache and left without one so she must have done something right! Andy and the boys wanted to watch a football match before dinner so they and Mel went into town, while Claire and I decided to chill out a bit at the hotel before meeting them for dinner. I had a bath in our amazing bathtub... Why aren't all bathtubs designed like this one?! 

Best. Bathtub. Ever.
After my massage and bath I felt thoroughly relaxed and restored. Dinner was at Morning Glory, a very popular Vietnamese street food restaurant. I can see why! The food was delicious and it was very reasonably priced, costing us about $15 each for appetisers and mains (though there wasn't much alcohol included in that, most people were on water). We went back home very happy and full for another good night's sleep... Or so I thought. This was the beginning of "Delhi Belly" for me. I had a bit of a dodgy stomach that day and the next, and I swear it was due to the place we went to the previous day on An Bang Beach. More on that in the Day 3 post...

Comments

Popular Posts